Live your life and forget your age.
Early this week, my son told us he will be participating in Cosplay this weekend for the Toycon 2014 and he invited the family to join with him.
His cousin took the time to create his costume and both of them were happy on what they have done. I don’t know about that costume nor the anime that it portray, still I find it too creative.
Even my son is already a professional as in working in the office, still, when he visited us at home, he will watch his favorite anime and play games. During his spare time, he will draw his favorite character. If time permits, he will join a Cosplay event with his friends and now with his cousins. Me and hubby just let him if that is the way how he relax after a week’s work.
The Philippine TOYCON 2014 will be held this June 20-22, 2014 at the SM Megatrade Halls 1, 2 and 3, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City.
Actually, I am still clueless what would I expect if we will be there to support him.
Are we that old enough to go there since most of the participants will be children and those who really like Animes / toys like my son?
What I did was to contact a blogger friend, Azrael Colladilla of http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/ who personally spearheading and organizing the said event.
What is Toycon?
The Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention, or TOYCON as it’s more widely-known, is Asia’s biggest and longest running convention for collectibles, toys, anime, comics, cosplay, gaming and anything and everything related to hobbies and collections. The convention has been ongoing since 2002 so it is now on its 13th year of thrilling fans and aficionados alike. It is, simply put, the biggest pop culture event in the country.
When I was reading the activities, I was excited and this would be my first time to attend such event and at the same time, will be there for my son. #YoungAtHeart would be our peg. LOL!
Anyway, here are some of the highlights which I like to share:
- Since this would be the 75th Anniversary of DC Comics’ caped Crusader, Batman, there would be a huge Batman display area, a life size Batpod, a kids’ activity area, exciting new Batman merchandise, and a gallery of art and collectibles of the Dark Knight Detective.
- There would be Samurai X fever as Warner Brothers previews the Rurouni Kenshin live-action film trilogy Parts II and III with a display of original costumes from the sensational Japanese hit movie.
- Preview of Marvel’s latest epic movie – The Guardians of the Galaxy, with awesome displays, sneak peeks at the movie’s trailers and behind-the-scenes, special fan activities, and the Marvel roster of superstar artists like Leinil Yu, Carlo Pagulayan, Stephen Segovia, Roy Allan Martinez and Kim Jacinto.
- Toy exhibits like:
- The G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary
- Philippine Lego Users Group
- Coca-Cola Collectibles
- Parade of favorite Star Wars characters like Stormtroopers, Jedi Knights and droids and the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Vader as they invade the Philippine ToyCon stage.
- Gaming takes center stage with the biggest game companies like Level-Up, War Gaming, Cherry Credits and Uplink releasing the latest versions of their top games.
The event will also feature the biggest in Cosplay with the Philippine Finals of the World Cosplay Summit happening at the event which my son will be participating.
TOYCON’s own Cosplay Universe unleashes a barrage of individual and group cosplayers led by Asia’s Cosplay queen, Alodia Gosiengfiao.
Definitely TOYCON would not be complete without the biggest exhibitor floor of all pop culture merchandise in terms of apparel, collectibles and memorabilia, graphic novels and comics, cosplay paraphernalia, and lotta of toys.
My nieces and nephews will also be there and this would be a fun activities for the family, so do join us.
This is co-presented by Collectibles Unlimited and the SM Megatrade Halls, and sponsored by Maxi Collector, Toy Kingdom, Toy Empire, Warner Brothers Pictures and Pacific Licensing. With special thanks to Big Boys Toy Store, Great Toys, Arigatoys, Authority Hoodie, Transfer It, Otaku Asia, War Gaming, Uplink, Level-Up, Cubizone, Canon, Level-Up, Cherry Credits, CIIT, Loctite, Walt Disney Studios, gaming Library and Resorts World Manila. With media partners, ABS-CBN, Flip Geeks, Reimaru Files, WheninManila.com, Chalk Magazine, UNO Magazine, Manila Bulletin, Inquirer.net and 99.5 PLAY FM. Also supported by Anime Alliance and World Cosplay Summit.
Tickets are now on sale at SM Tickets (www.smtickets.com)
For more information on schedule of activities and event details, visit their: