The term “Happiest Pinoy” by Cebuana Lhullier is to recognize Filipinos who are able to both rise above life’s challenges and positively impact the lives of other people with their positive out in life. It is a way of celebrating values of optimism, resilience and hope.
I was totally clueless when I was invited by Cebuana Lhullier launch for the search of Happiest Pinoy.
The launch at Makati Shangrila Hotel Ballroom has transformed to a circus festival where clowns and jugglers were around to entertain us guests that made the celebration cheerful and merry.
Who is Happiest Pinoy?
It is a search.
The Search for the Happiest Pinoy is a nationwide campaign of Cebuana Lhuillier that aims to rekindle the values of optimism, resilience, and hope in Filipinos amidst different life crises. Cebuana Lhuillier highlights the positive things that come with obtaining quality and affordable microfinancial security, peace of mind, and ultimately, happiness.
The Search for the Happiest Pinoy aims to find a Filipino who has:
- Positive outlook in life
- Proven ability to rise above life’s challenges
- Positive impact in the lives of others
Cebuana Lhuillier’s Search for the Happiest Pinoy is back, with a wider scope, new special awards, and bigger cash prizes.
For this year, Cebuana Lhuillier is taking its Search for the Happiest Pinoy to different schools and offices nationwide to get even more nominations.
A P1-million cash prize, tax-free, awaits the Search for the Happiest Pinoy 2014 grand winner while nine (9) runners-up will receive P50,000. The country’s leading micro financial company will also give special prizes to the Happiest Student and Happiest Overseas Filipino Worker.
How to join?
- Filipinos, 18 years old and above, with good moral character can be nominated to the search
- Nomination forms can be downloaded from www.happiest-pinoy.com and are available in any of Cebuana Lhuillier’s more than 1,700 branches nationwide, to enable more people to nominate their happiest Pinoys
- Accomplished nomination forms can be mailed together with supporting documents to: SEARCH FOR THE HAPPIEST PINOY SECRETARIAT, PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, Inc., 2/F Annex 2, PJL Corporate Centre, 1782 N. Garcia cor. Candelaria Sts., Makati City 1209
- Scanned copies of the accomplished nomination forms and supporting documents can also be emailed to email@example.com. Nominations can be submitted from October 24, 2014 until March 31, 2015
- The nominees will be screened by the Happiest Pinoy Board of Judges composed of CNN 2009 Hero of the Year Efren Peñaflorida, Camarines Sur 3rd District Representative Maria Leonor Robredo, McCann-Erickson Chairman Emeritus Emily Abrera, Assistant Secretary Anne Corominas, Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions (CLIS) General Manager Jonathan Batangan, Happiest Pinoy grand winners Winston Maxino and Rommel Arellano, inspirational speaker and corporate trainer Francis Kong, and broadcast journalist Luchi Cruz-Valdez.
Can I join?
Maybe yes or maybe not. LOL!
Seeing the winners last two years ago made me realized I was not even surpass how amazing their positivism are. Really deserving individuals.
- Winston Maxino, a corporate executive who was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, a degenerative and incurable bone disease, was declared the first Happiest Pinoy grand winner in 2010.
- Rommel Arellano, a guidance counselor who was afflicted with polio at age 1, was declared Happiest Pinoy in 2012, besting more than 13,000 nominees nationwide.
When both of them were sharing their videos, bit teary eyed and touch. They don’t complain and accept everything despite the adversities they were facing. At the end they are still smiling and just keep moving forward.
“With our search for the Happiest Pinoy 2014 among 100 million Filipinos here and abroad, we want to recognize outstanding Filipinos who are able to rise above life’s challenges and positively impacts the lives of other people with their positive outlook in life, our way of celebrating the Filipino values of optimism and hope among Filipinos,” said Michael Sena, PJ Lhuillier Inc. Integrated Marketing and Communications Group head.
For more information, follow them at Facebook page at www.facebook.com/happiestpinoy. You can also follow it on Twitter and Instagram @happiestpinoy