The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” – Melody Beattie
It was now the second week of the month and till now I am in the process of planning everything in mind. Just to breathe out and thinking what in store for me for 2013.
What I did was to start my Monday with a quick run at Nuvali as I capture those sunrise. It was too gloomy then drizzling with some rain but still sun love to come out.
After some run as I free some space in my mind – ready to think and jot down what I want to achieve, that is to set a “GOAL”. From goals, this would give me direction.
Like to dig within, discover and from there, an affirmation that would interest me to fully live my life in the year to come. Actually, after the run, I set it with a cup of coffee, a donut to munch and read first the newspaper.
First things, first.
- What would I like to have happen in my life this year?
- What would I like to do, to accomplish?
- What good would I like to attract into my life?
- What particular areas of growth would I like to have happen to me?
- What blocks, or character defects, would you like to have removed?
- What would I like to attain? Is it little things or big things?
- Where would I like to go?
- What would you like to have happen in your family life?
- What problems would I like to see solved?
- What decisions would I like to make?
- What would I like to happen in my career?
Wow, so many questions, so many things to do…
From there, I write it down as I take those blank pages of my notebook, give a few hours of my time to write it all – an affirmation of my life and my ability to choose then I have to let it go.
I know New Year is already starting now. But as I have end this post as it stands before us, like a chapter in a book then a wait is yet to be written. We can do it day by day that chapter by setting our own goals.