A life without love is like a year without summer – Swedish Proverb
I don’t know if this is a late post since summer is finally ending in a few days now. I know. If I started already paying children’s tuition fee, buying supplies and shoes / bag for the next school year, this only means that most of our expenses for the couple of days is to focus with it and summer will be off.
I am compiling now the summer activities of my youngest daughter for 2014. She had told me she felt she had lessen up things to do compared to her escapade last year. But when I was looking for March, April and May pictures as me and her scattered to post them in our social media sharing them, I think she was wrong.
First things first. Me and hubby always plan every year our summer vacation. There were also regular reunions both to our relatives that we did not skip.
Lenten Visit to Churches and Anilao, Batangas Beach Resort with relatives on hubby’s side
Aside from that, we make it a point to explore other places and activities to make their summer vacation fun and fab. Sharing to you some of these activities:
1. A Visit at Pinto Art Museum, Antipolo Rizal
2. Mcdonald’s Kiddie Crew
3. Gymnastics at Rizal Memorial Sports Complex in Manila
I think this is just some, as in “SOME” of her activities. There were still a lot more that I can mention especially whenever she is at home, she is doing her looms and plays a guitar.
Still, why parents are spending time to plan kids’ summer activities? Is there a bearing or a learning they can get out of it?
Here were some of the benefits I have seen:
- Creative and artistic skills – w/ loom activities at home and some craft stuff to decorate with her Mcdonald’s Kiddie crew, the activities would not only let our children to be busy but also utilizing to be creative at the same time.
- Build self-esteem and independence – sometimes we parents is not that too confident to make our children in charge of everything. Still when we give them a responsibility that they can be on their own, then, this can boost on their morale to stay put and everything is under their control given them a chance to live on their own.
- Better motor coordination and physically fit – getting involved them with sports will not make them only fit but also build their stamina
I have already two grown ups with me which I passed it on to the youngest on how they also benefit into summer activities before. It is not a tradition, it is just that I have seen how it harness those benefits to them.
Some of her beauty companion during the summer recreation is to always stay pleasant with Pure N Fresh cologne, a Unilab product that caters to teens like my daughter. Modest and invigorating to smell with variant scents like Blush Berry, Tropical Splash and Tangerine Delight.
As I wrote this blog post, my daughter is now already anticipating summer to come again as she don’t want to end it.
Because if we incorporate play while at the same they are learning, then at the end we cultivate skills that they did not notice, then it is a fun way to have long lasting positive effect to their well being not only as a child but as a person.
Now that is living life to the fullest. Till next post…..